The goal of the BTNA Community Grant Initiative is to inspire the betterment of the Butler-Tarkington neighborhood and surrounding areas by providing financial assistance to organizations working to do so.
The initiative is funded by the generous contributions of local corporations including Butler University, St. Paul’s Church, Meridian Street United Methodist Church, MHS Indiana, Byrnes Pizza, Crown Hill Cemetery, Marian University, The Lavengood Team with Plat Collective, and 24 Foundation, made in conjunction with the BTNA Dream Run 5K Run. Thank you to these great partners in helping to elevate our area. Some funding also comes from individual contributions to BTNA by residents.
Eligibility Criteria: Grant receiving organizations must be a registered nonprofit 501(c)(3), school, or church, and provide a copy of their determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service. Other individuals or groups may work with one of these classes of entities, including BTNA, for assistance in administering grant funding.
- Applications should answer the grant questions, in the order asked. Answers to the application project description section should not exceed three pages.
- Applications must give an estimate or specific number of Butler-Tarkington residents to be served.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Application Process & Timeline: Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, December 7, 2020. Please include “BTNA 2020 Grant Application” in the subject line.
- Applications will be available on BTNA’s website (butlertarkington.org).
- Grant requests shall not exceed $2500.
- Deadline for applications to be submitted to the Grant Committee – December 7, 2020.
- Chair of the Grant Committee will review applications to determine eligibility.
- Grant Committee members receive applications on the application due date.
- Grant Applicants will receive decision notification the week of January 1, 2021
APPLICATIONS CAN BE SUBMITTED TO BTNAPRESIDENT@GMAIL.COM, OR RECEIVED BY MAIL TO BTNA COMMUNITY GRANT INITIATIVE, PO BOX 88234, INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46208 by December 7, 2020.