Neighbors, Halloween trick-or-treating hours for Butler-Tarkington (and all of Marion County) are Saturday October 31st, from 6 – 8pm.
Trick-or-treaters can also receive treats from their neighborhood firefighters by stopping by any neighborhood Indianapolis Fire Department station starting at 5pm. Depending on where you live in Butler-Tarkington, the closest station is either IFD #16 (5555 N. Illinois St.) or IFD #14 (2960 N. Kenwood Ave.).
This year, through the generous support of the Indy Public Safety Foundation, IMPD, IFD and IEMS will also be handing out red, white and blue Glow Bracelets to provide another level of safety for children as they trick-or-treat. Bracelets will be available at the above-mentioned fire stations starting at 5pm.
If you are participating in this year’s Halloween festivities consider the following safety tips:
• Wear light-colored clothing short enough to prevent tripping and add reflective tape
• Wear fire-resistant costumes
• Make sure children can see well through face masks
• Don’t wear masks or disguises into businesses
• Adults should accompany young children and children with special needs
• Carry a flashlight if you’ll be out after dark
• Motorists are reminded to slow down and be aware of their surroundings
• Only give and accept wrapped or packaged treats
• Examine all treats before allowing children to eat them. If you find a suspicious item, contact police as soon as possible at 327-3811; if injury is involved, dial 911
• Avoid props such as toy guns, which can look real
• Consider block parties instead of trick-or-treating
• Check the weather and have appropriate dress under costumes in the event of cold temperatures